Party Ideas of the Ale Knights
Are you getting tired of sitting in front of the television?
Have you no reason to invite your friends to the house?
Are you getting tired of hosting full blown dinners, only
to see your guests leave early
claiming "gotta wake up early?"
Then you have got to host a party.
By hosting a full blown party, you let your guests know
that this will be a lively occassion.
You let your guests know that alcohol will be served and
there will be no notion of leaving early.
You let them know that the music will be loud and the
conversation will be hopping.
Have your run out of ideas for parties?
Try some of these on for size in addition to your usual birthday
and surprise blowouts.
When in doubt of how to throw a lively party,
rent the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's
- New Year's Eve - have champagne, mixers, liquors, schnapps, hot drinks. Make a punch bowl.
- New Year's Day - have Mimosa, brandy punch.
- Mardi Gras - have Hurricanes, Daquiris, and plenty of shots. Of course serve bourbon.
- Valentine's Day - have wine and champagne. After dinner have chocolate or coffee drinks.
- St. Patrick's Day - have Irish Stouts and any whiskey drink. Hit things with a shillelagh.
- First Day of Spring - have Tequila Sunrises, Yellowjackets and any summery drink
- Cinco de Mayo - have Tequila, the good kind and plenty of margaritas.
- First Day of Summer - have Vodka and fruit juices. Mix up a big bowl of punch.
- Independence Day - have Sam Adams beer. Set up a barbeque.
- Bastille Day - have any French wine. Serve cheeses, baguettes, and fruits.
- National Bourbon Month (September) - have steak and potatoes and anything from Kentucky or Tennessee.
- Halloween - serve hot apple cider and Zombies. Drink Firewater. Pray to the devil.
- Thanksgiving - serve up the first warm drinks of the winter. Have wine with dinner.
- Repeal of Prohibition (December 5th) - have bathtub Gin or a martini. Dance the Charleston.
- Christmas - have eggnog or Gluh Wein. Watch "It's a Wonderful Life." Drink at Martini's.
- Gaming - serve ales and plenty of munchies. It is easier to beat drunk friends.
- Coffee Klatsch - serve any coffee drinks. Have cakes and pies or cookies.
- Beach day - meat down the shore. Bring a keg or some premixed rum runners. Have Sex on the Beach.
- Fiesta - have cold beer. Serve chili and salsas. Have tequila.
- Cookout - have lots of food on the grill. Server local beers. At night, do some kamikazes.
- Caribbean Sunsplash - serve rum punch or hurricanes. PLay reggae or calypso music.
- After Boating - Celebrate your day on the lake with Capecods or a sea breeze. Eat some fish.
- Pre Game Warmup - serve hard liquor and plenty of buffalo wings. Have spicy salsas. Paint your face.
- Winter Warmup - after skiing or running, have hot toddy, hot coffee drinks. Ease the muscles.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Last modified: Thursday, 09-Jun-2011 12:34:23 MST.
Page hits: [an error occurred while processing this directive].